Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Baking Day!

Hello again!

Today, I decided to do a spot of baking. I'd loved baking since I was little, but never really did that much of it until I started university in September (mainly because of boredom). Seeing as my boyfriend was at work and my house mate had gone out, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try out a Lemon Drizzle Cake recipe.

Ingredients:
150g of butter
175g of caster sugar
2 eggs
Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
175g of self-raising flour
125ml of milk
Icing sugar for dusting (and making the 'syrup'/drizzle bit if you haven't run out like I have).

Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4/180 degrees and grease a baking tray.  Place the butter, sugar and eggs into a mixing bowl and beat together until it's nice and fluffy. Stir in the lemon zest and fold the flour into the mixture, then add the milk.


Spoon the cake mixture into your baking tray and place in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden. 
To make the syrup/'drizzle', place the icing sugar and lemon juice into a hot pan, letting it simmer away and stirr until the sugar dissolves.

If you're going to add lemon sauce.'drizzle' to your cake, then once after the cake is cooked, prick the cake with a fork to create a few holes. Pour the syrup all over the cake so that it seeps into the holes. Take the cake out of the tin, cut into pieces, dust with a bit of icing sugar and serve up to your friends!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jessica-Cece. All images belong to Jessica-Cece unless stated otherwise.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig