Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside







DRESS - JACK WILLS | CARDIGAN - H&M | NECKLACE - ETSY | SHOES - FOREVER 21




















On Saturday, Mark and I visited Brighton for the day as we were away on holiday for a few days. I'd always wanted to go to Brighton and I went there for a day trip at Christmas. I loved it so much that I had to go back. We left London at 8.45 and made it to Brighton for 10.45 (travelling in and around London takes a lot of time!) Luckily it was a lovely sunny day, but it was bracing. I forgot how cold it can be living by the sea as I'm so used to being in the city now that it was a bit of a culture shock, but even so, it was actually pretty cold.

I thought it would be appropriate to wear my new Jack Wills dress that I picked up a few weeks ago, too. I haven't gotten round to wearing it as I wanted to do the dress justice and find a fitting background. I absolutely adore the dress - it is exactly what I'm looking for in a dress. It's floaty and fits around my figure so well! Definitely a dress worth buying.

The place we headed to first was the pier. I absolutely love the pier, to an extent. I love the idea of the pier and the little doughnut stalls and arcades on it, but, I don't like the fact that I can constantly see the sea beneath my feet from a great height through the slats - I'm pretty afraid of heights if you haven't guessed by now. Almost running, Mark and I made it to the arcade to play a couple of games of ice hockey and trying to win a monsters inc toy. 

After the pier, we headed to the lanes and boy was it busy. A combination of it being Saturday and half-term made it almost impossible to walk through Brighton. Of course, a small and quick visit had to be made to Choccywoccydoodah (if you haven't already seen on instagram), to see what lovely display they had.

We rounded off the day by wondering around the shops and having a sit down in Starbucks with a nice frappuccino before heading back to London to hang out with the parents. 

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Love Brighton and your post :) I'm going there soon and can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it's such a lovely place. Definitely worth a visit. :) xo

      Delete
  2. Your photographs are always so perfect and I always love the gaudy colours of amusements ! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like the photography. I'm hoping that they're getting better as I progress through my blog. :) xo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thankyou! :) I really appreciate the feedback. :) xo

      Delete

© Jessica-Cece. All images belong to Jessica-Cece unless stated otherwise.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig