Tuesday, 9 February 2016

Wizarding Wells











Recently I had the chance to visit "The Smallest City in England" also known as Wells in Somerset. Living in Bath means that I am in within reach of some of the most beautiful places in the UK, which I am very thankful for, and it means that I am able to explore new places without having to travel for miles.

As I live so close, I want to make the most of it whilst I can. I don't plan on moving away from Bath soon - to either Cornwall or somewhere completely new - but I feel like if I don't explore now, I never will. I love going on day trips to new citites and towns and capturing the gorgeous landscapes, I just wish I had more time to do so. Anybody else feel the same? I will have more time one day, but for now; here's to part-time exploring!

Top - Cath Kidston || Dungarees - Primark || Shoes - Converse || Necklace - Etsy





Sarah and I actually had this trip planned for a while, but due to her car not being able to start, we saved this trip for the next week. We endured a 1 hour and 20 minute bus journey through some smaller towns to get to Wells and were determined to make a full day of it.

We started with lunch because by the time we got there, we both had food on the brain. I didn't realise that for such a small place, Wells has a fair amount of shops and restuarants. As we both love Italian, Ask Italian was definitely the place to eat for lunch. It is such a lovely restuarant - one of the nicest ones I've been to.  With a view of the river and castle (which was unfortunately closed because of limited winter hours), it made you feel relaxed whilst eating your food.

After feeling content (and full) with all of the food we had consumed, it was time to explore more of Wells and the main reason why we wanted to visit - Vicar's Close.

This street (and the surrounding houses and buildings) genuinely felt like you were in a scene from Harry Potter. It's so quaint and gorgeous, I couldn't believe my eyes when we arrived. It was as good as the photos I'd seen. The street is filled with quirky windows and doors and there is even a music school that backed onto it. The main school that all of the children attend has different sites that are split across the city and one of them backs onto this street, As I was taking photos, there were kids walking between the different parts of the school and it just made me feel calm and peaceful.

Have you visited anywhere quaint?









SHARE:

10 comments

  1. This looks like such a cute place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fantastic place! Definitely worth a look if you're ever in the area. :) xo

      Delete
  2. What a cute little place, I love finding places like these on a road trip and then taking some time to walking through the town :) sadly I don't think I can in the UK (and my boyfriend doesn't even know how to as he says 'it's no use' hahaha) so I'll be trying hard to rack my brains how I'll organise my future trips! Love what you're wearing too – I'm a fan of stripes so big thumbs up from me there and the overalls are just the cutest and fit you SO WELL too :D

    Cherie x
    say hi at sinonym

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie for your comment. :) I think that sometimes planning a trip somewhere doesn't work out as well as if you just go on the spur of the moment - unless it's somewhere quite far :P
      I love the stripey top too, thanks. :) I was so conscious about this outfit but from the comments I've had, I'm feeling more confident! x

      Delete
  3. Love the dungaress and stripes! They really suit you! And your hair too - I'm loving this look so much! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Alex! I was initally unsure about the dungarees but I'vd learned to love them. :) xxx

      Delete
  4. You look fab! :) The neckline on the stripey top is so great, and you really suit dungarees, I've always been dubious if I'd look any good in them! Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alice! I still can't get over how much I like them! xo

      Delete

© Jessica-Cece. All images belong to Jessica-Cece unless stated otherwise.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig