Saturday, 5 March 2016

Wind & Waves

Last week I finally had a week off from both of my jobs and what a lovely way to spend it by travelling back to Cornwall for the week! It feels like forever since I had actually been home even though it only was a few months and every time I go back, I instantly feel happy and at peace with myself.

I had lots of things planned for my week including seeing as many friends as possible (which I actually managed to do!), see the sights, but also to spend time with my parents. The last time I was home was during Christmas and unfortunately I was very unwell, so the last time I was there, it didn’t really feel like I was there and I didn’t enjoy Christmas as much as I would have liked to.
Coat - Seasalt | Scarf (similar) - Forever 21 | Bag - New Look
My first day spent back at home was with the lovely Alex from On Serpentine Shores. I first met Alex through Sarah because she gained a job with Sarah’s boss and it all began from there. It’s so nice to meet not only more people in general, but blogger friends too as there’s always something to chat about! Alex is such an amazing person, full of enthusiasm and happiness and I’m so glad that we’ve become friends.

We spent the day in Falmouth as it’s not too far from where we both live and relatively convenient for us to get to. We wondered through the town, grabbing something to drink before looking in the shops.
No trip to Falmouth would be complete without a wonder over to Gylly beach. I’ve had so many memories on this particular beach from catching up with friends to BBQ’s and party games and it was so good to be back by the sea! I miss the sea so much when I go back to Bath (it’s one of the things that makes me want to move home), that when I do make it back to Cornwall, I make it my mission to find the nearest beach and feel the sand beneath my toes – or tights, in this case.

After relaxing on the beach talking about anything and everything, we walked over to Swanpool beach, which is just around the corner from Gylly. I’ve never been to Swanpool before and I’m really glad that I did because they do one of the best ice-creams I’ve ever had. They serve plain vanilla – my fav – coat it in clotted cream and then add a topping of your choice, so Terry’s chocolate orange was the way forward.  Once we were done at the beach, we took a few blog photos, naturally, before heading back our separate ways home.
This is where to catch the boat from (in Penzance) if you want to go to the Isles of Scilly
Over the next few days, I had one complete day to myself where I didn’t really do anything at all other than chilling and having some me time, which was definitely needed; before meeting two friends in one day, in St Ives and Falmouth – eating all of the food and catching up on each other’s lives.

The other two days, I spent in Truro – one day was spent with mum, and the other was a #kernowbloggers meet up.

The day I spent with mum was great because although it hammered it down with rain, we had a lovely day shopping and spending mother-daughter time together which is something we don’t get to do often. 

The bloggers meet up was great, too! I was invited by Anna at The Cornish Life who set up a small meet up for a chit-chat in Truro Lounge for a few hours. There have been about two/three meet ups so far but being in Bath, I haven’t been able to attend any. I had such a fantastic time and got to meet some lovely people that I’m excited for another event soon. 

Have you been to any blogger meet ups or made friends through blogging?

Thanks to Alex for taking some lovely portraits! // On Serpentine Shores 

INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST | BLOGLOVIN
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Aww looks like you had a lovely time on your week off :) was great to meet you! Xx

    http://thecornishlife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had such a great time at home thanks, and it was lovely to meet you and the other girls! Hope to see you again soon :) xo

      Delete
  2. It was so great to meet you properly last week! Glad you had so much fun at home this time! Photos are beautiful :D Alice xxx

    www.woodenwindowsills.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice to meet you too, Alice! Can't wait to see you guys again soon :) and thankyou, I'm trying my hardest to get better at photography :) xo

      Delete
  3. Aww such pretty pics of Falmouth Jess :) I love your coat too!
    Jamie xx

    bibbity-boppity-boo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pics! I do love Cornwall, looks like you saw some blue skies too, so lucky! I really like your blog :) Do you want to follow each other on Bloglovin' so we can keep up with each others' posts?

    -Ruby Xx

    Another Ruby Tuesday / Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awhh thankyou Ruby! Yeah ofc, I'm also up for finding new blogs to read. :) I'll follow you now xo

      Delete

© Jessica-Cece. All images belong to Jessica-Cece unless stated otherwise.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig